Monday, 29 September 2014

September Favourites

Books, Hair, Fashion and TV.


This month I have been enjoying quite a range of products. 

Just to warn this could be a long post,


Fashion 

Peacocks- Tan Boots 

The product I have been loving the most this month is these boots.








I purchased them from Peacocks for £28. The boot is brilliant to dress up or down which was a great plus for me as I wear a lot of button up shirts but also love a good t-shirt. The boots feel nice and sturdy which is perfect for bridging the gap between autumn and winter, especially in England. They also keep my feet dry and warm which is great for the colder mornings.  If you would like to find more information click here.



Hair

This months I have purchased a few different products to try to see if they are any better to what I currently use. 

Fudge Urban Iced Coconut Cocktail Hairspray.

Wow! Wow! Wow!









This product smells AMAZING and almost edible. The coconut lasts all day and has extremely good hold.  If you want a long lasting great smelling product this hairspray is for you especially if you have longer hair or want to achieve a style that needs great hold. I personally use this when my hair gets on the longer side or if I know I have a busy schedule for the day as I know I can rely on this product. One downside to this product is that if you do not wash your hair every day then this maybe not the best product as I tried 2 days of this product and my hair felt very dry and knotty which is never a good thing for achieving a good quiff. Overall this product has helped me achieve some great hair days and for £4.99 was absolutely worth trying. If you would like more information you can click here.

Fudge Urban Rocker Wax






When it comes to hair products I never like to have too much as I prefer hairspray to do all the work however, this product is great if my hair is being stubborn and doesn't want to go the right way. The consistency is sticky but not too sticky and once it is in my hair I don't really feel much. One the product is in it leaves my hair with a nice matte finish which I am a huge fan of. 

The product itself gives great hold without stiffness or stickiness which I really liked. The product also complimented the use of hairspray which was a big plus for me. I purchased this product for £6.99 which I thought was a reasonable price for the product however, would I purchase it again? Most likely not as it wasn't anything exceptional but it was great use when  my hair simply said no. If you would like more information about this product then click here.


Got2b Glued Blasting Freeze Spray





I have been using this product for around 4 months now and have to say that it is simple an essential for me. It has everything I could ask for from a hairspray. It is well priced at around £3/£4, it has a great hold throughout the day, works well with other products such as the Fudge Urban Rocker Wax above and its bright yellow so there is no chance of me losing it. 

As fantastic as this product is, it still has its cons such as, if you do not put a sufficient amount on sometimes my hair could flop a bit which is not the best look for half the day. On the plus side though it is really easy to brush out and my hair remains playable all day which is a big plus for me. 

Overall this product has been a big find for me in terms of hair and i practically use it everyday. Topped with a few tricks this hairspray can accomplish different looks. If you haven't tried it yet I recommend that you do. You can find it by clicking here.  

L'Oreal Paris- Studio Line, Boost & Gloss Volume Mousse.




This month I have been really trying to hit that big quiff with lots of volume. After watching a hair tutorial by Utter Gutter.com . Who if you don't know has exceptional hair. He used this in the tutorial so I decided to pick it up. What a difference it made. My hair was instantly more voluminous and able to achieve to desired look of a bigger quiff. 

The product itself feels a little greasy to start with but once dried using a hairdryer my hair looked glossy without any greasiness which was a huge huge up from me. L'Oreal Paris say "Style without stiffness, Gloss without grease,Hold without crunch". I have to say I absolutely agree. 

Overall this product is great place to start if you want more volume in your hair or if you want a glossy boost hold. If you would like any more details click here.

Books

This month has been a weird month for books. The two I have loved is The Host by Stephenie Meyers and  The Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.



The Host

Before I saw the film I started to read the book. I prefer to read a book before I watch the film as I like to compare what things changed between the book and the film. Like Divergent (which if you haven't seen my post you can click here.) However, I was honestly so confused as to what was actually happening. I understood the basics but didn't understand completely which completely threw me off the book. So when the film came out I watched it and this month have gone back to the book to read. I'm currently around 100 pages in and loving it. Let me know in the comments if you would like to see a review on that. Overall the narrative is great both in the film and book. if you haven't watched the film then please do, I enjoyed it a lot. 

Purchase Book Here



The Hunger Games Mockingjay

Many moons ago I read this book and loved it. In fact I loved the whole series. The book is gripping and tense and all kinds of yes for me! Recently the trailer for the film has been released which reignited my love for this book. I have high hopes that the film will do the book justice like the other films have however, if for some reason you haven't watched the trailer you absolutely should just click the link below. I 100% recommend you read the book if you haven't already. I promise you will not be dissapointed. 

Book Link Here

Trailer Link Here


Overall this month has been great for products. I have brought and tried things that I usual wouldn't. Let me know about any of your thoughts in the comments below. 


Thank you,

Tom

p.s. While getting these images I found someone watching me:



I'm naming him Gary!







2 comments:

  1. Bloody hell tom you've got more hair products than me ;) nice work though :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou haha. I like to have a change once in a while :D

      Delete